While many of the issues matters raised in the inaugural West fan survey are going through committee, one thing that was consistently raised was that of the community feel of the club. Specifically, how important that feeling of belonging and unity is to those who come down to Brookburn Road, and how unique the atmosphere is at WDCFC games.
To that end, we’re proud to be building upon those feelings of friendship by today relaunching the West Supporter’s Club – a scheme which should help make those bonds between fans even tighter, making us stronger both off the pitch and on it. Membership usually costs £5 for 12 months – but any purchased before the end of April will be valid until the end of the 2017/18 season, as a thank you for being an early adopter.
You can join the West Didsbury & Chorlton Supporter’s Club here. You can either pick up your membership pack at the next home game, have it delivered in the UK for £1 or anywhere worldwide for £3.
For that, you get all of the following:
- Membership until the end of the 2017/18 season (including membership card).
- Exclusive West Didsbury & Chorlton Supporter’s Club badge.
- 2 West Supporter’s Club stickers (designed by Lew Currie).
- Regular updates via our mailing list.
- A voice on the committee – issues raised via a fan’s representative to the board.
- Access to exclusive fan club events.
- A vote upon how funds raised via the supporter’s club are spent.
Any funds raised (after costs) will be put towards the club, or towards the issues that our members see as important, and we will always aim to be as transparent as possible in both our dealings with the club and in the structure of the supporter’s club itself.
The supporter’s club was originally launched in 2013 by current West club secretary Rob McKay, and we hope that this relaunch will help shape a bright future for West Didsbury & Chorlton. If you have any questions, please get in touch: drop me a line on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matthew Britton, WDCFC Supporter’s Club Secretary